Day 1: Labor Log 1: Free Write

Calendar Forums LABOR LOG #1 Day 1: Labor Log 1: Free Write

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #108
    Thomas McWilliams
    Participant

I have no idea what multimodal writing is. I think it could be writing where you incorporate multiple kinds of writing forms and styles but I’m definitely not sure. When it comes to creative writing I sometimes hit a roadblock and its hard for me to get passed it in a satisfying way but when the inspiration comes it’s very natural. I’m not sure what to expect from this class but I am hoping for alternatives to the normal boring research papers we have all been forced to write since the beginning of time.

In middle and high school I had many teachers tell me my writing was not up to their standards and it made me have a negative relationship with writing itself. Thankfully for me as time went on I became more interested in writing and storytelling when it was done well and had a message I could get behind and lucky for me I had an English professor that was very encouraging to my writing, even at times where I thought I had done a bad job, that started to give me more confidence that I could write stories that were interesting or interpret someone else’s writing in ways that made sense and I could back up with solid reasoning.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.