Calendar Forums LABOR LOG #1 Labor Log 1

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #158
    Zi Chuang Wang
    Participant

Date: August 31 10PM

What I Did: Read Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide and “Understanding Visual Rhetoric’s”

Duration: 3 hours

Intensity: I read through both readings and tried to grasp the main points of each reading. The first reading was relatively easy with easy to understand graphic depictions. The second one was more intense and intimidating. It took me longer to read the second one and it was harder for me to stay focused.

Reflection: I’m still not quite a hundred percent sure I completely understand rhetorics. They were kind of interesting to read and taught me more about the use of rhetorical language in our daily lives. It didn’t really occur to me that something as simple as checking out at a CVS could involve rhetorical statements. A cashier might say “Would you like to donate a dollar to help starving children?” and that will even count as a rhetorical statement. It is also interesting trying to analyze websites that I browse frequently and their visual characteristics.

Date: September 2 8PM

What I Did: Write the Week 1 Response

Duration: 45 minutes

Intensity: I briefly skimmed the two readings to re-familiarize myself with the main points. I wrote a short paragraph describing some of the main things mentioned in each reading and how it affected me.

Reflection: Revisiting the readings helped me better understand their meanings. It wasn’t too difficult to write the paragraph but I feel like it was difficult for me to properly organize my thoughts on this topic. While it was a slightly interesting read, I don’t really see myself as a person who cares too much about speech techniques.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.