Calendar Forums LABOR LOG #1 LABOR LOG #1

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #164
    Cindy Reka
    Participant

Cindy Reka

Labor Log (1) for the Week Ending September 2nd

Reading, Listening, Viewing

This week I spent about 2 hours reading and reviewing all of the course documents (“Understanding Rhetoric: Graphics Guide to Writing, ” by Elizabeth Losh and Jonathan Alexander, ”Understanding Visual Rhetoric in Digital Writing Environment,” by Mary E. Hochs, “When Your Grades Are Based on Labor” by Dr. Traci Gardner, and“Labor Log”), taking the survey, and exploring the cuny commons website. I particularly made sure to understand how to successfully execute a labor log, in order to effectively convey the activities of each week, pertaining to this class. I also spent 30 minutes-1 hour rereading the schedule/syllabus and highlighting key components, so as to have a more complete understanding of the requirements of this class.

Writing

This week’s writing assignment involved writing a 300 word understanding of the readings that were given to us. This task took me about an hour. Other than that, I am also currently completing this labor log which in total has taken me about another hour. Both of these assignments helped me immensely in organizing my thoughts regarding the readings, as well as the requirements for class. With out having to do these writing assignments in conjunction with actually reading the readings, I don’t think I would have had such a good understanding of the assignment. However, having to check in about my understanding of the topics at hand is what allowed me to understand this assignment in depth. 

Providing & Responding to Feedback

Because it is only the beginning of the Fall curriculum, we’ve yet to move into the phase of the class in which feedback has been provided. 

Reflecting

This week, I learned what is going to be expected from me in this class. Not only did I investigate the contents of the class schedule and syllabus, but also was introduced to the concept of “visual rhetoric” in an environment centered around Digital writing. This opened up a world of writing I had never really thought about before. One where writing is used as design. 

Collaborating

So far, we’ve yet to introduce any topics or projects in class that involve collaboration. However, I am open to and looking forward to any such interactions with my classmates. 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.