Calendar Forums LABOR LOG #1 Labor Log #1

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #165
    Michael Bentkowski
    Participant
    • the date and time

Today is Wednesday, September 5th 2018

It is 10:39AM

• what you did

I read through both passages and wrote a series of notes down with their main ideas. I also read through how labor is part of my grade.

• how long you worked

I finished the first reading: Understanding Rhetoric with the wonderful visual aids yesterday, while this morning I read the second passage: Understanding Visual Rhetoric. The first reading took about half an hour while the second took about an hour and a half.

• the intensity of your work

In terms of intensity I would say the first passage was much easier for me as I am a visual learner and the writing was to the point. The second passage was verbose in my opinion. He talked about Audience Stance and Transparency with their definitions over and over… and over again. Not as “fun.”

• Reading, Listening, and Viewing

The readings I did during my time were four in total. Two pertaining to Rhetoric and the other two were in reference to labor based grading/logs. In terms of listening, I was in a quiet environment with light instrumental music playing in the background to help me focus. Visually all of my reading was done on a monitor.

• Writing

For the first two passages about Rhetoric I wrote down their main ideas to compare them in the following assignment.

• Providing & Responding to Feedback

Assuming this is to come? As I don’t have any response to feedback just yet.

• Reflecting

Upon reflecting on the assignment, all is well except for the tardiness. I will do my best to ensure each weekly assignment is done prior to Sunday 11:59PM.

• Collaborating

Well, I don’t really know what I would be working on together however, I guess we could say that we all use rhetoric in our daily lives, especially through social media. Is it for the better? We can only hope.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.