Calendar Forums LABOR LOG #2 Labor Log #2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #176
    Karina Lopez
    Participant

Date/Time spent

Assignment/Task

Intensity of work

Reflection/Ideas

Monday September 3rd

Duration: About 30. minutes

Watch “Contra Points Part 1” & take notes

I watched the first part of the videos assigned this week. I also took notes as I watched of important points made by the youtuber.

I agreed with several points made in the video. It really explains the concept of Marxism and capitalism. And how corporations use different strategies to influence consumers into buying things.

Wednesday September 5th

Duration: About 45 minutes

Watch Contra Points Part 2” & take notes & start Labor Log #2

I watched the second part of the videos assigned this week and took notes of major points throughout. I also began my table for Labor Log #2

The second part of the video talked mainly about capitalism & inequality in the economy. This week I also decide that I would go with a table format for my Labor Log. I feel it is much more organized.

Thursday September 6th

Duration: About one hour

Find an article with visual rhetoric

I looked through several newspaper websites to find an article or story that used visual elements

I found an article with an image that I felt really captured some emotion and made the reader empathize with the author.

Friday September 7th

Duration: about 1.5 hour

Write response for blog & continue Labor Log #2

I began writing the response for the story I chose & also continued filling out my Labor Log table

My response to the article emphasized on the impact of the image on the actual story and how it is used to convey emotion to the audience.

Sunday September 9th

Duration: About one hour

Submitting work on CUNY commons

I finished up the blog response for #week2 and spent some time finishing my labor log for this week as well. I also looked through some of my other classmates’ labor logs

I am submitting my work today and it was also good to look through some of the other students’ labor logs. It gives me some idea of what I feel I need to work on or improve.

#177
    Karina Lopez
    Participant

The format for this week was suppose to be a table format but unfortunately after several attempts, the table did not transfer over to the forum. Guess I’ll have to switch back to next week.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.