Calendar Forums LABOR LOG #2 Labor Log #2

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Woo
    Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Date: Friday, September 7th</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>What I did: I watched the two youtube videos by contrapoints on “What is wrong with capitalism?” I also found an online article about “Personality Tests” and analyzed how this article demonstrated visual rhetoric as mentioned by Hocks and the graphic novel I read for last weeks assignment</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Time Spent: 40 mins for videos, 1 hour searching, reading and analyzing article, 1 hour for response.</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Intensity: I found that I lost focus many times throughout both videos. Since I enjoyed the two articles and the topic of Rhetoric, I actually thoroughly enjoyed working hard and searching for an article and applying what I learned in the previous week.</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Reflections: I found that the two youtube videos, although very informative, was strange and a bit of a struggle to watch. Although I do agree with contrapoints that capitalism has it’s alarming flaws, I disagree with the youtuber on her opinion that capitalism should be destroyed. I believe, although capitalism invites greed and competition, these negatives bring some positives like advanced technology and a “work-hard” mentality through fear of being left behind. It was really interesting to see how I was looking and finding various examples of visual rhetoric that I would not have even thought of prior to reading the readings of the previous week. It great seeing how through subtle things like fonts and tone, I can sense how the writer is persuading me to believe a certain idea.</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Collaborations: None.</span>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar