Calendar Forums LABOR LOG #2 Labor Log #2

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Thomas McWilliams
    Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Week ending in 9/9/2018</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>This week I watched the videos that were assigned and took some notes on them. They really had some great points about marxism and capitalism and the effect they have today about the way modern businesses influences the consumer with clever marketing and how that has evolved over time. The second video especially had some interesting points about inequality of wealth disruption in the economy that really stood out to me and peaked my curiosities because I have a lot of my own concerns about how the world economy is built right now and weather or not it’s sustainable. So overall the videos were amusing. I struggled to f</span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>ind an example of an online story that uses visual elements within the article</span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”> but after awhile I did find something special that I would recommend everyone check out that definitely enhanced my comprehension of a movie I hadn’t thought about since its release into the story (Full reflection below). I also spent some time looking through other classmates labor logs from the last two weeks and it got me thinking about changing the way I format my own but for the time being this seems like a productive way to get my thoughts out but labor log #3 could be a good opportunity to experiment with something new. </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Time Spent this week: 2 hours</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Group work: None yet assigned</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Reflection to Inception Explained: </span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>http://www.inception-explained.com/</span&gt;

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>This website does a great job at compressing a complex movie with a lot of moving parts and themes into an easy to understand, frankly fun experience. The website uses little bubbles and images that correspond with characters and memorable parts of the film to rip away everything unnecessary to understanding the core elements that were hard for some to follow in the theater and for some even after multiple viewings. The author of this page boils down the movie to only the essentials and presents them in a manner incredibly easy to understand. I think something like this is a great way to show how effective visual storytelling is in a learning environment. It was difficult for me to find an interesting example of visual storytelling for this assignment but ended up finding this gem and enjoying what creator Matt Dempsey is contributing to the visual storytelling movement.</span>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar