Calendar Forums LABOR LOG #5 Labor Log #5

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Karina Lopez
    Participant

* Tuesday September 25th – duration: about one hour
    * Task: Read “Teens are debating the news on Instagram” & “Wikipedia, The Last Bastion”.
    * Intensity: On my commute home, I read the two articles we have to read this week
    * Reflection: I found first article interesting to read and actually think it made some pretty good points. For example, the fact that teens don’t trust the news media and therefore create these accounts where many people together can provide reliable research. I also don’t trust the media and find this such an interesting way to cross check data. I also agree that this way of the younger generation to communicate its thoughts and opinions about such serious and important topics is a good thing for the future. The second article talked about a particular writer hired by the NY times who had very strong opinions against white people. I found both articles pretty interesting.
    * Wednesday September 26th – Duration: about 1.5 hours
    * Task: Labor Log & watch Black Mirror – Season 3 Episode 1- Nosedive
    * Intensity: I began writing the first two entries of my labor log and I also watched the entire assigned episode of Black Mirror
    * Reflection: This episode is Black Mirror was really good. I found myself shook by some similarities that this futuristic world has with our current one. The idea that something like this could actually happen is quite scary to contemplate. But the way the world is headed, it is very likely that we are not that far off from something like that world. A world where an individual’s worth is based off popularity and social status. I found this episode to be really thought provoking and uncanny.
    * Friday September 28th – duration – about 1.5 hours
    * Task: Writing the blog for #week5
    * Intensity: I spent some time going through the articles to refresh my memory & write my response for this week
    * Reflection: This week we had to read two articles regarding how the internet is affecting the world in this day of age. Both articles posed interesting points about how social media and the internet affect our everyday lives.
    * Saturday September 29th – duration: about two hours
    * Task: Researching sources for class & finishing labor log
    * Intensity: I spent a good amount of time researching for sources and also thinking about a topic for my essay since I want to find sources that I can use for the paper.
    * Reflection: I am using one source from the readings for class and one source I found about the negative effects, such as cyberbullying, of social media on teenagers. That seems like a good, solid topic for my paper.
    * Sunday September 30th – duration: about 45 minutes
    * Task: Edit blog response and submit work on CUNY commons
    * Intensity: I had some editing to do for my blog before submitting it
    * Reflection: I liked the articles we read about this week and it gave me inspiration for the topic for my research paper

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar