Calendar Forums LABOR LOG #8 Labor Log #8

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #418
    Karina Lopez
    Participant

Labor Log #8

* Monday October 15th – duration – about 2.5 hours
    * Task: work on paper in class & find a few more articles at home, watch Black Mirror – San Junipero
    * Intensity: In class, I worked on polishing my intro paragraph that I had already started at home. I also went home after and looked for some more articles I could use for my essay. Today, I watched the next episode we were assigned to watch from Black Mirror.
    * Reflection: Using class time to edit the intro really gave me a good foundation for the rest of the essay. I enjoyed watching San Junipero, I thought it was very well made and focused on the idea of living an afterlife which is something that people discuss and think about all the time. It definitely makes me think about what could potentially happen and if it just morally justified to have the right to choose to live after life. This episode was well crafted and touched on several important topics such as morality, technology and afterlife.
    * Wednesday October 17th – duration: about 2 hours
    * Task: read both articles assigned and wrote weekly common blog
    * Intensity: Reading articles for #week8 and wrote my response for the commons blog. I also started my labor log for this week
    * Reflection: Today I focused on the articles we were assigned to read, and I found that both were very similar in material. They talked about the gatekeepers of the internet and how it has changed the way people interact and the information that we get on the internet. It’s interesting how they both talk about Donald Trump and how the success of his presidency and campaign have been influenced, in large part, the internet is managed and filtered.
    * Thursday October 18th – duration: about one hour
    * Task: Watching Hang the DJ episode of Black Mirror
    * Intensity: I watched this episode of Black mirror on my commute to work
    * Reflection: This episode was one of the happier episodes of the series thus far. Of course, it involves technology, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was more romantic and was similar in some ways to the San Junipero episode where love outweighs the odds. One of my favorite episodes so far.
    * Friday October 19th – duration: about 2 hours
    * Task: continue working on paper
    * Intensity: Worked on writing the next few body paragraphs of my essay
    * Reflection: This week I want to try to have the first draft of my paper, so I can spend the next week editing and revising. I feel like I have been following my outline pretty well and have solid articles that back my argument.
    * Sunday October 21st – duration: about 1.5 hours
    * Task: Finish labor log & publish work on CUNY commons
    * Intensity: Edited my blog for this week before publishing and also finished up my labor log #8.
    * Reflection: Today I also did a full read on my paper so far. I feel pretty good about the revisions so far but I’m glad I have all of next week to finish the conclusion and edit the paper some more.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.