Calendar Forums LABOR LOG #1 Labor LOG#1

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #159
    Anastasia Khaye
    Participant

Anastasia Khaye

Log#1 the week ending September 2

• <i>Reading, Listening, and Viewing</i>

In the first week of Fall 2018, the reading materials:

1. “Understanding Rhetoric: Graphics Guide to Writing, ” by Elizabeth Losh and Jonathan Alexander
    2. ”Understanding Visual Rhetoric in Digital Writing Environment,” Mary E. Hochs
    3. Dr. Traci Gardner’s “When Your Grades Are Based on Labor” and
    4. “Labor Log”

First of all, I learned the course syllabus and reviewed the class website. Reading and understanding of  the articles took for me almost two days, for the first day I was taking notes and tried to understand deeply the information authors wanted to bring for the readers (1 hour), and the next day I was reviewing the material and my notes again, and tried to generalize information (1 hour and 40 minutes). After deep work on the understanding of Labor work of the course, I learned how much time could I spend on the articles, without rushing myself for the deadline, to achieve a full focus on the given direction. I learned, that whenever I will do assignments for this course, I will do it for my own educational growth and self-education.

• <i>Writing</i>

Writing assignment was to respond in personal opinion about given information in two assigned articles. It took for me about an hour to finish my free writing by reviewing and checking my notes from the article. The hardest part of the homework for me was building a Log, because I don’t have any experience in written describing the work that has been done, but I think the more I will do this kind of work, the easier it might become (hopefully more automatically). I brought all of my attention on the freewriting first, and then tried to explain all of my work in Log, it took for me two drafts and about two hours. After checking and reviewing my work, I think I spend more time on writing Log nether freewriting.

• <i>Providing & Responding to Feedback</i>

While it was the first assignment, I look forward to the feedback and corrections of my work.

• <i>Reflecting</i>

I think I started to better understand how modern digital writing exists, the way writers build and create material, and catch an attention of the audience. I opened for myself that comics could be used in the educational process and bring a lot of fun in learning. Going forward, I see that Modern Rhetoric expanded to a broader range of products and services. As technology advances to the next level, it will become easier to build upon current tendencies of marketing and education, using advanced skills of digital Rhetoric on a Wide Field of the Internet. Authors of both articles agree in one: Rhetoric is an integral part of people’s communication.

• <i>Collaborating</i>

I look forward to the group projects and feedbacks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.