Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anastasia Khaye
    Participant

Anastasia Khaye

Log#2 the week ending September 9

• <i>Reading, Listening, and Viewing</i>

For this week we should

1. read an article with visual media elements and explain the main reason of using it, and
    2. watch the video ContraPoints: What’s Wrong with Capitalism? Pt. 1 and Pt. 2

First of all, I watched the video wich in two parts (40 min long), it took me about an hour to write down the notes, and to rewatch some moments and comments of the ContraPoints. The blogger has unusual view and opinion on Capitalism as a whole, and she is trying to find an answer, what is better to the society, and how people might change things to make it better for everyone. By watching different reality shows about richest people, and focussing on material things, people forgetting that the most part of the humans is struggling to get simple things, like clean water, food and clouse. I got the main point of the blogger, and the way she is discussing it to her subscribers – very interesting. She is generation of Millennials, and speaks with them on their language, that is why (I think) she has so many subscribers, even she is discussing not a simple topics. I took about 15 min to see her other videos, and can finalize that she speaks about serious questions of the modern time, and attract her people by that.

• <i>Writing</i>

Second, I was looking for a right article to write about visual, and found out a popular topic by the end of the every summer – wildfires. It took me about one more hour to write and analyze the article’s visual elements. I found out that most of the articles this times written by the same rhetorical elements components. Each author wants to be addressed to a specific group of people, build an emotional track and try to bring audience to the logical ladder.

It took me another hour to write down the Log, and I don’t even know why am I struggling with this task, I was checking my notes and tried to put as much as possible, what have been done for this week.

• <i>Providing & Responding to Feedback</i>

Not done yet

• <i>Reflecting</i>

I was interested to see how is everything was done by my classmates, and I checked the posts and LOGS. I found out that some of the answers written in different order, and I can use some of the strategic in mine. After I received a feedback from Professor, I am thinking to change the way of my writing responses, and try something new.

• <i>Collaborating</i>

I look forward to the group projects and feedbacks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar