• Author
    Anastasia Khaye
    Participant

Anastasia Khaye

Log#7 the week ending October, 14

• <i>Reading, Listening, and Viewing</i>

For this week we should

1. Watch  <i>Lemonade </i>(visual album) by Beyoncé
    2. Read  What Do the Teens Know About this Tweet That We Don’t? by Ashley Feinberg
    3. “How Instagram Threads Became the WikiHow for Gen Z” by Taylor Lorenz

• <i>Writing</i>

During this week I was collecting and generating the ideas for my Project#2. I still need clarification about the topic I chose, so I am looking forward our meeting session. Collecting the ideas from the Baruch library and in the Internet made me feel overwhelmed, so I think I need some kind of direction. During the class meeting we will have a peer discussion and I will clarify some things with Instructor.

• <i>Providing & Responding to Feedback</i>

I look forward for our class session to connect with Instructor about the job was done for the past weeks and discuss the project.

• <i>Reflecting</i>

Taylor Lorenz discusses how posting the most significant changes in daily routine on Twitter, became so important and popular for young adults. The rest of the community cannot ignore that chatting and blogging became part of modern communication. If we will connect these thoughts with one of the episodes from popular TV series <i>Black Mirror, Nosedive, </i>I believe the picture might become clearer. The British TV show opens one of the possibilities of well-developed technological future, where everyone in the society depends on their social media rating. Everything there is circled and chain to the social media life, from work to friendship, getting coffee in the right place and price of the real estate, when buying a house.

If we are addicted now on recording any of changes in our profile and status on Twitter, for example, can we only imagine it in 20-30-year period? Modern young adults are spending half of their available time designing their profiles and communicating with each other online. I believe they are losing “real” communication and ability to build their friendship relationship at an early age. Communication in their understanding are becomes more formal and superficial.

• <i>Collaborating</i>

In our group chat we were comparing our thoughts about the next project, and I think it was helpful for generating ideas.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar