Calendar Forums Project #1 Reflections Project #1: Reflection

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #594
    Bo Li
    Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>For project 1, the rhetorical analysis paper, I believe I should receive around a B. This assignment was considered hard to me for multiple reasons, one of them being unable to grasp the true meaning of the topic. As a result, I wrote a paper different from what was asked of. I ended up writing a paper closer to a literary analysis than that of a rhetorical analysis. This is due to many reasons, including writing within my comfort zone. However, although I did a poor job completing the assignment at hand, I believe I did my best tackling this topic with my limited/misinterpreted understanding of the topic. </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>I invested a lot of time and put a lot of effort into this paper. One of the things I spent a lot of time on is choosing an artifact and analyzing it. I am indecisive as a person and like to look at all my options. As a result, choosing an artifact took a while. It didn’t help that I had a vague understanding of what I was looking for. I ended up choosing a literary piece, a fictional short story, which I believed I had a lot to write about and analysis with my misinterpreted understanding of rhetorics. However, because I chose a literary piece, I believe it prompted me to write a literary analysis instead of a rhetoric analysis. As a result, of probably my previous English teacher’s assignments, the nature of this paper was foreign to me, which caused me to resort to my default of analyzing the meaning of the text instead of analyzing the techniques the author, or rhetor, used to convey their intentions. As commented, I lacked the analysis of the artifact’s language that evokes pathos, logos, ethos, kairos, etc. in this paper and instead oversaturated on unnecessary literary analysis. However, I believe I did my best writing this paper with my understanding of rhetorics that was unintentionally conforming to a literary analysis paper. </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Although I did a poor job with the content of the of the paper, despite the time and effort put into it, I tried to compensate with the quality of the writing and paper. Writing is not one of my strong suits. I take a long time to write for multiple reasons and this paper was no exception to those reasons. I mainly focus on the structure of the paper and a diverse word choice. However, as a result, the transitions in the paper wasn’t as smooth as I would like them to be. I formatted the paper so each paragraph talks about a rhetoric, but this caused the paper to not be in chronological order with the artifact’s storyline. However, I believe formatting the paper in this way help emphasize the analysis made about the artifact.  </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Although there are many things I could improve on in this assignment, I believe this was the best I could have done at that point in time with my level of understanding of this topic. </span>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.