week 2 response

Calendar Forums Blog week 2 response

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Adham Bakr
    Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Adham Bakr </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Date and time: 9/9/18, evening , 8pm to 9PM</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>What I did:  Find an example of an online story that uses visual elements within the article. Using Hocks and the graphic guide, analyze how the visual element relates to the text. Describe both the intent of the article and the role the visual element plays in conveying the primary message</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>How long I worked: 1 hour </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Type of work-  After reading “ vacation in Iran ,” Photographed by  NEWSHA TAVAKOLIAN, the</span> <span style=”font-weight: 400;”>author explains to the reader tough times in the 1980s when Iran was having a great revolution and living conditions were hard.  When traveling this group of people were always on the go traveling from one place to another which made it hard to have a stable life when hitching hiking everywhere. To add on,  during tough times like these, jobs for almost mandatory for everyone, whether it was woman cooking food, men selling sheep, cleaning carpets, or looking fo red orch. </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Reflecting:  After reading and analyzing the visual elements portrayed in the text, I  got a better understanding of how people live during wars, revolutions and any tough time in general. The author explains and provides images of a family who were hitching hiking from one place to another to find refugee or hiding from others. Thankfully most of us grew up with a lifestyle like no other. As long as there was food on the table and a roof on top of our heads then there shouldn’t have been any complaints. We often take our loves for granted because many people wish they had a family and a home to sleep in everyday.  We live in big city where water is always available everywhere and climate conditions aren’t extreme like deserts or arctic countries. So after reading this article, I got a better view of how some people live around the world whether its in iran, syria or in africa where water cannot be found. This reminds to always be grateful for the life i have and even ifs it’s not much, many people dream of having it. </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Collaborating: alone </span>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar