Week 5 Assignment

Calendar Forums Blog Week 5 Assignment

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #319
    Velma Newton
    Participant

My reality is constructed around my interactions from a day to day basis. I don’t have the time to check the news or scroll social media sites like the other kids my age. So my only outlet to the world are the people around me who inform me of what’s going on. Whether it’s on a large scale like another Trump scandal or something small and local like how my class is cancelled. This is not the best way to live because I end up walking around ignorant to a lot of things happening in the outside world.
    This one time I was going about my business, when I stepped into the club room at school everyone was speaking about the death of an artist. It turned out to be some big thing, because every single person I talked to that day had atleast heard of it and was in some way affected. Whether they were mildly upset or historical, in some way it had made an impact on them. The crazy thing is that I barely even knew who he was. I couldn’t name one song, couldn’t recognize his face, or even cared about him in the slightest. It really opened my eyes to the fact that my knowledge is limited to what’s around me and that I should atleast try to read up on some things for the future. So that I can be more in the loop for important events.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.