Week 5 Response

Calendar Forums Blog Week 5 Response

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Zi Chuang Wang
    Participant

My reality is constructed through social media platforms and real life. Nowadays, almost every is involved in some sort of social media platform. More often than not, people fabricate this ideal persona on their accounts. It’s like they’re living vicariously through social media. This allows them to have a split reality: one where they’re the best versions of themselves and the one they have to live in. Most children in this era have an unhealthy obsession with their social standing and how they are viewed. For example, I know many people who have created this false impression of themselves on their instagram accounts. They always post photos that make them seem like they are this confident popular person or that they’re the perfect “instagram baddie” when in reality they’re extremely insecure about their looks and body image. This double life causes people to lose their grip on reality. They often forget what parts of their personality are real and which are mainly for show. They lose their sense of self. Nearly every teenager that I have interacted with lately has been involved in some sort of idiotic friend group drama. They all overthink every little thing that is posted on social media and assign meaning to it. Social media now is also rather important in the workplace. Many employers will do a background check into their potential future employees by skimming their social media accounts. We all hide under a this veil of deception but it is expected due to how overexposed people are nowadays.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar