Calendar Forums Blog Week #5

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #313
    Taylor Norris
    Participant

They way I live life is not just about what I think, but it is also through what I learn from others. Having others around you means there’s constant challenges on your opinions and beliefs. This is a good healthy way to learn more and more about the life we live in. having your opinion only is a very poor way to live life and makes one close-minded. Having an open mind, especially in society today, is the only way to get through life with wisdom under the belt. I live this way because I feel like once I get a job in a work place, if I get an assignment to do it could be done wrong. If I had a team by my side and all of us are doing this assignment together it leads to more creative and efficient way to get things done, and get them done better, smarter and faster. For example, I was in a basketball game and I had to call a play. With my team by my side we ultimately decided my decision was not the most efficient way to get the basket and win the game. We game up with an idea together to create more space for a wide open shot instead of trusting one man to get himself open to take the shot. This led to great teamwork on the court, drawing the defense in and then dishing out to me. Creating this space allowed less stress on the shot and it went in. we went on to win that game. If I did not have my team with me, chances are we would have lost that game because of my poor call. Constant challenge in a work place or anywhere leads to greater ideas, which is what our planet is based upon. Innovation is what makes our country strong; we would not get there with just one person. We did get to where we are with a bunch of people bouncing ideas off of each other to make things great and better.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.