Calendar Forums Blog week#12

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #534
    Anastasia Khaye
    Participant

Anastasia Khaye

Eng. 2150

Prof. Rice-Evans

For the past week I have created a non-traditional Video Resume. It was an interesting experience, therefore I made it more like a Cover Letter to my regular Resume. I experienced once video interview, and I had an idea about how it supposed to be in the final version. I believe the Resume could self-represent a person, but sometimes it is easier for HR department to see an actual picture of him/her to fulfill an specific open position. After HR saw an actual  person they could decide if they will create an interview in person. I think Video is like an add, something that could help, if it was made right. On the other hand, there are plenty of profession that need a non-traditional resume as a must(like artists, designers, actors, singers). In the real corporate, retail or finance life, non-traditional style of resume could be as a part, otherwise conservatives wouldn’t understand that. I think Video create a well picture of the person, but professional skills and achievements need to be discussed during in person interview. I am glad I did a research and looked through the different styles, it could be helpful next time I am applying for a job. Nowadays, with growing number of bloggers and vines, non-traditional style gives more opportunities to open a resume from the different perspective and to make it work in the right way to accomplish personal Resume (and to be offered a job position).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.