Anastasia Khaye
    Participant

Anastasia Khaye

Log#4 the week ending September 23

• <i>Reading, Listening, and Viewing</i>

For this week we should

1. Write a Rhetorical Analysis of Cultural artifact
    2. Read <i>There is No Such Thing as a Free Watch</i> by Jenny Odell

Reading itself represent another example of modern commercial liquidity. About fifteen minutes to read an article and analyse, how it bringing us back to the last week lesson. I see link to the ContraPoints videos and opinion – capitalism love things and advertising. Usage of creating people’s desire grow up even more through combining all of these messages. If we will compare it to the “Black Mirror”, it becomes little scary. Advertising and real things could be two different, if not opposite things. We rarely think about it in our daily routine, but our normal foundations and moral ethics were created by people we don’t know, and by people who wants to get money on us and our desires.

• <i>Writing</i>

Writing this project took entire 6 hours in total for me. I was writing, doing research, looking for examples, and comparing articles and videos (two hours a day in three days in the roll). In the beginning I was little confused about form of this project, but the more I was writing, the deeper I understand topic and purpose of it. Memo on our website also helped to get a focus on the project and helped to stay on top of it. Questions created in way to explore and analyse topic as a whole, and provide more understanding of the assignment. In conclusion, I would say that importance of Rhetorical analysis in modern world should be in a special place of learning any sciences.

• <i>Providing & Responding to Feedback</i>

I look forward for our class session, so I might connect with Instructor about the job was done for the past weeks and discuss the first project.

• <i>Reflecting</i>

For this week I have done our first big project and I think I see commercials from a different perspective now. I see the usage of Rhetorical Logos, Pathos, Ethos, and Kairos everywhere from now on. These rules applied to each commercial and promotion doesn’t matter media or real. Ancient regulations still applied everywhere nowadays, because we are living in a screen era, and the right usage of them important maybe more than before.

• <i>Collaborating</i>

In our group chat we were comparing our thoughts about the Rhetorical project, and I think it was helpful, just for comparison ideas in general.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar