Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anastasia Khaye
    Participant

Anastasia Khaye

Log#5 the week ending September 30

• <i>Reading, Listening, and Viewing</i>

For this week we should

1. Read “Wikipedia, the Last Bastion of Shared Reality” by ALEXIS C. MADRIGAL.
    2. Read “Teens Are Debating the News on Instagram” by Taylor Lorenz.
    3. Watch <i>Black Mirror Season 3 Episode 1: Nosedive. </i>

The reading material for this week was very interesting and unequal. In everyday lifestyle we are usually don’t think how important at the moment are social media became for us. Millennials are using social media for almost everything, to search information, to sell and buy things, to connect with each other, to get things done on the way. I want to point that we started to do things “on the way”. Everyday in the subway we can watch the same behavior of people, reading, writing emails, calling, and checking social media pages. Reading material argues that Wikipedia and Instagram become trustfull source of Information and news. It took me about one hour to read, analyze and make the notes for my future writing. Watching “Black Mirror” was  very attractive and captivating, and it took one more hour. I started to oversee and observe our media from different perspective from now on, and I think would be useful in the future.

• <i>Writing</i>

I wrote the freewriting and expressed my thoughts about the topic. I think that most important part of our assignments is that we are develop our critical thinking. Free Writing took about one hour of my time.

• <i>Providing & Responding to Feedback</i>

I look forward for our class session, so I might connect with Instructor about the job was done for the past weeks and discuss the next project.

• <i>Reflecting</i>

I was thinking about resources for our next project, and decided to take one reading from suggested on Blackboard, and was searching for another three. I want to connect with our Instructor, because I have a few questions about our next project.

• <i>Collaborating</i>

In our group chat we were comparing our thoughts about the next project, and I think it was helpful, just for comparison ideas in general.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar