Weekly response #12

Calendar Forums Blog Weekly response #12

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #531
    Karina Lopez
    Participant

For last week, the assignment was to transform a traditional resume into a non-traditional version. I decided to do an infographic after doing some research. I’d never seen one of those before, so it was interesting to see all the different types of infographic that you can make. I felt they are way more personal and it is a good way to represent who the person is. It can say a lot about a person’s character and it is a great way to showcase individuality and self-expression. For my infographic, I decided to make my work experience the center of my resume since I’ve been in the work field for over ten years. I realized after I submitted it that I forgot to add Baruch as part of my education, but in my defense, the last time I needed to update my resume was six years ago which was way before I entered school. Anyway, I loved that I had the opportunity to look over my resume and do it in such a fun and unique way. It let me express myself instead of using the same boring resume template, so I added color and pictures to show a little bit about myself. Although I had some freedom with images and color, I also liked that I used a graph to organize my work experience because I like symmetry and neatness. Overall, I think I did a good job remediating my resume but I need to add college to it to make it current. If I were to grade my infographic, I’d give myself an A minus, the minus for leaving out important information, but A for being able to transform my traditional resume into an infographic.

Timestamp: Sun Nov 18 @8:53pm

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.